We are committed to delivering tailored legal solutions that drive your success.
Ephraim and John first met as classmates at Harvard Law School and quickly became friends and later roommates. After graduation, both practiced for several years at prestigious international law firms, gaining invaluable experience working on sophisticated cases worth millions of dollars. Fueled by a desire to create their own firm and offer custom legal services to their clients, Ephraim and John united their talents and insights to establish Olson Wiest Law in 2022. Rooted in a deep understanding of tax and corporate law, our firm offers a potent blend of intellectual prowess, extensive experience, and innovative thinking.
EPHRAIM CLARK OLSON
Ephraim advises clients in tax and business planning. Ephraim advises clients in international and domestic tax planning, mergers and purchase/sales, business formation, and other business restructurings, including helping clients set up and qualify for Qualified Small Business Stock. Ephraim also represents clients in disputes with the IRS, including representing clients during audits, and representing them during the full appeal process. Ephraim enjoys solving problems for clients, especially in complex areas of tax law.
Ephraim is a licensed attorney in Utah. Ephraim received his Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School and his LL.M. in taxation at New York University.
JOHN J. WIEST
John assists business owners, professionals, and entrepreneurs with their corporate and business legal needs. including entity formation and restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate needs. With a background in finance and commercial litigation, he understands the complexities of business transactions and how to protect a company’s interests before a dispute occurs.
John specializes in helping business owners, professionals, and entrepreneurs buy and sell businesses, organize or reorganize their business entities, obtain financing, bring on investors, contract with suppliers and customers, and navigate any other transactions. With a background in finance and commercial litigation at two prestigious international law firms, John understands the complexities of business transactions and how to protect clients’ interests before a dispute occurs.
John received his Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School and is a licensed attorney in Utah. Prior to Olson Wiest, John practiced finance and restructuring law at Greenberg Traurig, LLP, and Dorsey & Whitney, LLP, in Salt Lake City.
Representative matters include:
- Organizing or reorganizing corporations and LLCs in Delaware, Texas, California, Utah, and others states, including drafting and revising articles of organization or incorporation, bylaws, shareholder agreements, stock purchase agreements, operating agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Assisting buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions worth millions of dollars in Delaware, Colorado, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Utah, and other states.
- Negotiating real property transactions, including purchase and lease agreements, in Colorado, Texas, New Jersey, Ohio, and Utah.
- Representing private lenders in dozens of loan agreements, including drafting and revising notes, security agreements, guaranties, and intercreditor agreements, and perfecting security interests in all types of collateral from real property to securities to intellectual property.
- Providing outside general counsel services to multimillion dollar companies, including drafting and reviewing commercial contracts of all kinds.